In order to provide our patients with the highest level of care, we are no longer in-network with any insurance. See the following information to simplify our insurance and payment requirements.
If you have a PPO or POS plan you may be able to use your out-of-network (OON) benefits for reimbursement. We can help you know how to find out what your OON benefits are and what it would look like to use them for sessions. Also, to help make filing for reimbursement easier, we have paid for a subscription for our patients to use the Reimbursify app (http://www.reimbursify.com/) for free, which makes filing for OON reimbursement fast and easy.
Dr. Gray‘s fees are $250 for the initial 50-minute session and then $225 for follow-up sessions (about 45-50 minutes). Dr. Bermack‘s fees are $215 for the initial 50-minute session and then $195 for follow-up sessions (about 45-50 minutes). For convenient payment, we accept cash, checks, credit or debit cards, FSA or HSA cards, and also accept automatic electronic payment via our EHR Simple Practice.
It is important to consider the potential benefits and downsides to using insurance versus private pay options for therapy visits. For many, using insurance offers ease and convenience of payment and some plans cover a range of services easily. It’s important to know, though, that when you use your insurance for our visits there are some potential limitations that many people are not aware of, such as:
- All insurance plans require that your clinician submits a mental health diagnosis for you to your insurance company for each visit, which remains in your medical record.
- Some diagnoses are not covered by the insurance company, and/or may be subject to treatment limitations.
- Some insurance plans limit the total number of sessions available, despite what you and your clinician may feel is needed or helpful.
- Many insurance plans limit our session times to shorter sessions, which can interfere with the type of therapy that you and your clinician may want to pursue.
- Your insurance may require that your clinician submit progress notes from your sessions, treatment plans with details of your therapy, and treatment summaries detailing the problems you are working on in order to justify continued coverage.
Only you can determine whether the benefits of using your health insurance outweigh the potential drawbacks. We can further discuss any questions or concerns you have about using your insurance for sessions at any time, as our goal is to help you make the best choices regarding your access to care and wellbeing!
If you are unable to attend a session, please make sure you cancel at least 24 hours beforehand. This allows us to schedule others who may be waiting to be seen, or accommodate other appointment change requests in a timely fashion. If you do not provide at least 24 hours notice by phone, email, or text, you will be charged a late cancellation fee, which insurance does not cover.
Any Other Questions
Please contact us for any additional questions you may have regarding insurance and payment. We look forward to hearing from you!